Sailing licences

Bareboat charter, necessary qualifications and licenses

According to the Croatian law, at least one person on the vessel must posess valid nautical and VHF licences. So, if you don't want to hire a skipper, in order to charter a boat, you must have valid licenses in addition to your sailing experience.Navigational and VHF licences in Croatia are issued by Port Authorities. In case you posses any kind of a sailing license issued in a foreign country (not in Croatia), please be sure to send it to us via email or fax, so that we can check its validity with the charter agency as well as Croatian authorities before chartering a vessel. You must have the originals with you on board so don't forget to take them. Croatian laws are very strict on this issues and it is impossible to charter a boat without all necessary papers.

According to Croatian law, to charter a boat customer is obligated to have one of the licences listed here: